Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)"

Wear Sunscreen or the Sunscreen Speech are the common names of an essay titled "Advice, like youth, probably just wasted on the young" written by Mary Schmich and published in the Chicago Tribune as a column in 1997.

The most popular and well-known form of the essay is the hugely successful music single released in 1999, credited to Baz Luhrmann.

Listen to the words....

The words have touch me and have made me think of things in a different way.


2 comments:

  1. I'm familiar with this "song" and I love it. I must have heard it a thousand times and it always has the same nostalgic effect on me....(and makes my eyes water)... Very very wise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ye its amazing what is said and i love that peaceful tone its all said..
    Its been a couple of days now that i found this video and i have been listening to it again and again so many meanings gathered together which are all so true.

    ReplyDelete